Grubbs Infiniti Wordpress Blog

Friday, March 26, 2010

Men vs Women Drivers

Last night on NBC5 in DFW you might have watched the segment on NBC5 News at 10pm that took a look at driving habits of men and women and specifically married couples. Meredith Land, the anchor of the



NBC5 10pm slot, came out and interviewed me and my wife, Adrian, and put us through a little driving challenge.

We had a driving instructor with us in the passenger seat who gave us instructions on what to do.

First up was parallel parking and I thought that's where Adrian would beat me. Admittedly I am terrible at parallel parking. However, I won that contest. It only took me two tries to get into the spot and my wife three tries. Also, she creamed the curb while I don't think I came close. Anyway, I do think she is better at parking so I was surprised about those results.

Reality TV - It's All About Editing
After the parking contest we took a drive around the block, with the instructor in the passenger seat, and he directed us on where to turn. Here is where it gets interesting. At the stop sign that I supposedly "rolled through" or "ran" I slowed down and since I couldn't see the traffic in both directions and I stopped a few feet past the white line next to the stop sign. So yes, I did pass the stop sign without stopping. But I did stop just a few feet past the sign where I could see the traffic from my right and left. I guess the correct thing to do would have been to stop at where the white line / stop sign was and then slowly move out (or stop again) after looking both ways for other cars. I have heard that called a "California stop" or "California Roll". Well, I was born in California.

The rest of the test I will say I did go a little too fast on the corners and turned into the middle lane (twice). But that's the way guys drive, right?

I found the statistics used in the segment were true to me and my wife's driving history. I have had more speeding tickets and one expensive crash while moving and she has had a number of inexpensive fender benders, dent and dings from slow speed (single car) type accidents. Like the time she backed into my car coming out of our own driveway.

So yes, I lost the battle in this particular instance, but the war of who is a better driver - Men or Women will continue on.


View more news videos at: http://www.nbcdfw.com/video.


About Grubbs Infiniti
Grubbs Infiniti is a DFW area Infiniti dealership that specializes in new and pre-owned Infinitis. Our pre-owned lot features not just Infinitis but a wide range of pre-owned vehicles. Let us know how we can help you. Located at 1661 West Airport Freeway, Euless, TX 76040. 817-318-1200


Contact:
Facebook | Twittter
www.grubbsinfiniti.com

No comments:

Post a Comment